Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Review: The Tarot Game, Jude Alexander


Love the ancient art of the Tarot?  Do want to learn about it, or maybe you are a seasoned professional tarot reader?  Perhaps you are looking for something new to do with the girls, or maybe your trying to develop a deeper connection with family and friends?

The Tarot Game was created by professional Tarot reader and life coach, Jude Alexander.  Her enthusiasm and love for the ancient oracle, have inspired her to create this unique, one-of-a-kind, multi-functional boxed set devoted to the Tarot.

The Tarot Game can be played several different ways, and has many uses.  For example, if you desire you can use the Tarot Game as a meditative device, or even an oracle on its own.  If playing as a game, or method to share and connect with friends, there is some freedom as to the actual rules of the game and competition is seemingly non-existent ...

As you can see the board is beautiful designed, colorful and crafted from the heart of a true artisan.  Color therapy is something I studied years ago and it has been really effective for me.  Go ahead and stare at that photo of the Tarot Game board for a few minutes and take notice of how it makes you feel.  You feel good, don't you?  Well, that is color therapy ... it is like sugar for your eyes ... eye candy, if you will.  I love the serpent's most welcoming presence in the game, creating greater symbolic depth and mystery.

The Tarot Game Boxed Set  
Jude Alexander
Price: $39.99
ISBN: 9780764334481
Boxed Set, magnetic closure
Includes:
Game board
78 color keyword card deck
Instructions
Major Arcana question sheet
Reading sheets (Novice, Enthusiast, Adept)
9 tumbled stones
36 Activity Cards
90 Blessing Coins
3 dice

My experience ...

The directions state that this game is to be played with three or more players, or by yourself as a tool of meditation.  I was really excited to play so I talked my beautiful husband into agreeing to play it with me and although there was no one else to play except the big orange cat, I decided that it would be lots of fun anyhow.  Hurray, I shouted into the air, as I skipped around the house, gathering up two tarot decks, while brewing some peppermint tea, excited to have something new to embark upon.  As a professional tarot reader, I am quite familiar with the sacred, ancient art of reading the cards ... I do it everyday for my clients, and I love the idea of bringing my work into a fun and playful environment with my husband and the third player - our big orange feline, his royal behind himself.

I sat down, called my hubby over to join me and we toasted our tea cups to the game, wishing that the best of us win ... a tradition we have before entering into battle with one another.  As I began to read the directions out loud, we both quickly realized that this was more of a game of sharing stories and laughter than cut-throat competition ... which is okay, nothing wrong with a nice game of ... hhhmmm, well a game of rolling dice and counting the spaces, choosing cards and following directions, silliness and tarot card study, while also creating closeness and emotional connection and intimacy with other players and within the self  ... As I read the directions, my husbands face began to smirk and I could not help but laugh, because I realized that this wasn't quite his thing.  I am not quite sure if this is the right game for many men, more of a female game for sure ... but because my birthday is coming up he promised to play it out.

I can see how fun this would be for a group of female friends... not so much for certain types though, as it is lovey-dovey and requires you to feel comfortable sharing personal memories and moments.  This is also a great game for younger people, especially girls together or played at the same time with adults.

I enjoyed playing the Tarot Game though and I think it would be a great tool to get closer to those you know, while learning about the tarot, but it is definitely not for everyone.  My husband was a bit unnerved about needing to bring our own tarot decks to play the game and I do see his point, but most people who are into this game will have a deck or two to bring along with them.  My favorite part about this boxed set is that everyone who plays gets a tarot reading that you can meditate upon or keep as a momentum ...

For more information or to order, please visit Jude Alexander or Schiffer Books.

4 Stars - ****!





1 comment:

  1. Interesting review, thanks for sharing. There's an online "game" called Social Tarot on facebook, which you should have a look at too. It's a good introduction to the cards, and fun to send readings to one's friends.

    ReplyDelete