Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dax Product Reviews

I have been having lots of fun reviewing the following DAX products.  I share my thoughts next to each product, about my experience with each. 

DAX Bees-Wax
DAX Cocoa Butter 
DAX Coconut Oil
DAX Hair Food Plus 4
DAX Kocatah PLUS
DAX Marcel Curling Wax
DAX Pressing Oil
DAX Sulphur
DAX SuperGro
DAX Extra Hold Gel-It
DAX Protein Gel-It
DAX Vegetable Oil Shampoo   

DAX Bees-Wax

Yay, bees wax.  I loved the black bees-wax and this one is just as awesome.  It is probably better for those with lighter hair.

First of all it smells good, and second it is made with royal jelly, an extremely effective conditioning agent and real beeswax.  A natural lover and friend of the bees, I feel closer to them ... a part of the bee clan, using this.

It works especially well for braid ends and dreads.  I like to use it when I go to festivals ...

DAX Cocoa Butter

Mmmm ... yummy, candy-like scent.  If I could eat it I probably would!  Made with cocoa butter, aloe vera and vitamin E, this formula by DAX is my husband's favorite product to use after the shower.  He uses it on his buzzed head, and body ... restoring and holding moisture and preventing dry scalp or skin.  He loves the scent as much as I do.  I like to use this on my hands and cuticles, as it really locks in moisture, sealing it in like a wax.  Actually it has some wax in it.  I find it to be nourishing and addictive ... always having some on hand.  A jar is quite inexpensive too, around 7 dollars or so and it lasts a long time ... even when using it everyday.  Love it!
DAX Hair Food Plus 4

If your hair is in bad shape, this might help out a lot.  At the very least, it will be nourished and moisturized.  This is best for coarser hair or curly.  It has a nice, sweet scent ... very soft and subtle.  Containing vitamins A, E and D3, hair gets a wake-up call with this boost of essential hair-care nutrition.
DAX Kocatah PLUS

I have heard people swear up and down that this stuff works, so naturally I was excited to give the DAX Kocatah PLUS a go.

The first thing that I noticed about this is the scent ... a bit abrasive, and strange ... not really pleasant at all, more of a medicinal smell and perhaps that is why it works.  My husband did find that it works well for a dry scalp, although honestly the scent lingered a bit and he did not smell as fruity as he normally does ... I recommend giving it a try though if you have a lot of problems with an itchy, dry scalp or frizzy, dry hair.



DAX Marcel Curling Wax

Hurray for curls ... Well, my hair is not really curly, but sometimes I wish it were.  It does have a bit of natural wave though, and I thought it would be fun to pump up my waves a bit ... kind of like the way ocean waves do to hair, from the salt water.  I always enjoyed my hair after a good salt water swim.

The first thing I noticed about this bright red, gel-like wax is how pleasant the scent is ... subtle, sweet ... with perhaps notes of orange and vanilla.

If you have curly hair and want to shape or tame those locks, setting in a style or look ... this is the first place to go.  I enjoyed using this product, although I mainly used it at the ends of my braids.


 DAX Coconut Oil

If you love the scent of suntan lotion, this will certainly make you smile ... It sure makes me smile.  I love this stuff and use it on my skin, especially when I get out of the shower.  The scent lingers for quite some time, putting me into such a great mood.  I use this mainly as a skin conditioner, but it is also great as a hair conditioner.  Love this stuff.  It is economically smart, little over 5 bucks a jar, and lasts for months.  One of my favorite DAX products.
DAX Pressing Oil

I gave my friend a jar of this last month and asked her to report back to me her thoughts.  She has very coarse, curly hair ... a beautiful and sexy aphro.  She has been saying that she would love to press it straight, just for fun.

Her thoughts - It works great.  She really likes it and plans on using it often My thoughts - She still looked hot!  

This oil has a light and pleasant scent.  It is nourishing with castor oil and coconut oil.



DAX Sulphur

Okay, now here's the deal with this one.  It does not smell so great, although if you blend it with another more pleasant scented DAX product all is well.  Sulphur is really healing and deeply nourishing for the skin, hair and nails.  Yes, I said the nails and it works too.  My husband plays the guitar ... finger picks and his nail health and strength is really important.  So although it does not smell so great, it works well and if you mix it with another product the scent is masked.

This formula has lots of vitamins and healthy ingredients too ... B6, B1, B12, Lanolin, Menthol and Camphor.




DAX SuperGro

If you want your hair to grow, it could not hurt to use this product.  It is inexpensive, and contains lots of healthy, nourishing ingredients.  It has little or no scent and works great for frizz or dry hair.







DAX Protein Gel-It 

Would the world be the same without gel?  Probably not!!!  I had a lot of fun with this big orange tub of DAX protein enhanced gel.  A 16 ounce container is less than 4 bucks.  The protein is added to give the hair more sheen and create a healthier appearance.

I found this gel to have a decent hold ... Overall it is good stuff ... cheap, does not flake, works well and has a pleasant scent.







 DAX Extra Hold Gel-It

$3.57 for a 16 ounce container.  This gel holds great is really cost effective.  I have had one container of it for months now.  It does not flake, smells nice and is a pleasant purplish-blue color.  
DAX Vegetable Oil Shampoo   

If you have oily hair or have a lot of product build-up this shampoo was designed for you.  After trying out all these DAX products, I definitely needed a good wash.  This is a gentle formula, so it won't strip the hair when you use it ... very nice.  Recommended!











For more information, please visit DAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment