Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: Drum Prayer Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon's Drum Prayer is an 8-track album, a sacred healing prayer and meditation.  Intense and delicious drumming interlaced with tablas mixed with angelic chants from different cultures, Native American flute, Spanish guitar, a rainstick, some didgeridoo, keyboards, shakers and rattlers create a one-of-a-kind sound.  An exceptional album by the award-winning, multi-instrumental artist, Steve Gordon.  Drum Prayer has a unique sound, with a blend of sacred chanting and contemporary world music that I love.  I find it quite relaxing and energizing at the same time.  It helps me focus and I usually put it on repeat for days at a time ... sometimes weeks!  I never want it to stop so it just keeps on playing.  I especially like the cover art, perhaps a symbolic artistic expression of As Above, So Below ... a prayer for inner peace and global peace! The descriptions of each song is truly inspiring.  Steve goes into deep, metaphysical concepts that awaken a sense of personal power and universal love.

To learn more, make a purchase or get a taste of Drum Prayer, please visit Sequoia Records.

2 comments:

  1. This site is great and this cd has some awesome moods for dancing!
    Gordon bros. are great!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cover! I love Steve Gordon. I met him awhile back. What a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete