Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Reviews

A perfume connoisseur, I am naturally drawn toward Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.  The lab specializes in darker, romantic, unique scents with gothic, renaissance, and medieval themes.  These potions, aromatherapy blends, bath and body products, and herbal household accoutrements are unmatched, reasonably priced and have a HUGE assortment to choose from.

I am a BPAL addict ... I cannot get enough Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Perfume Oils.  

I received 8 new blends: Djinn, Snake Oil, Nephilim, Queen, Mandrake, Blood, Blood Kiss and The Coiled Serpent.

My favorite thing about all of these is that they do not hide on the skin ... they stand out.  I can smell them on my skin, invoking and arousing deep parts within me ... stirring my soul and awakening me, beckoning me to LIVE.  The scents all last on my skin and I do not have to keep on reapplying them.  Most of the time I can smell them in the morning ... on my pillow, in the sheets and on my skin.

Djinn: Sharp, Sweet, Earthy and Green ... Djinn is incense-like, woodsy in all the right places.  According to BPAL, the Djinn are an ancient, free-willed race created from the essence of Fire who prowled the land at night, vanishing with the first rays of dawn. Myths surrounding the Djinn paint them as benevolent champions of mankind as well as slaves to mad sorcerers.  Some even say that they are the malicious incubi / succubi, energy vampires or malevolent harbingers of madness and disease.  This scent is said to be of black smoke, of crackling flames, and smoldering ashes.  A BPAL favorite ...

Blood Kiss:  Sweet, exotic an sensual, I always get a lots of compliments with this one.  Intense and seductive, my heart cannot help but skip a beat.  This one is must-have in my collection.

Blood: Much more bold then blood kiss.  Spicy, rich and strong, blood is not for the faint of heart.  It screams rebellion, with a wild and passionate warning.  If you are brave it will invite you in, if not it will have you packing your bags and running for cover.

Nephilim: Hyssop, fig, frankincense, patchouli, lavender, rosemary, cypress, cardamom, tamarind, oakmoss and vetiver unify to create this powerfully awakening potion that will tickle you in ways you did not know were possible.  A very different scent ... pleasant, but different.  It is hard to detect any of the initial ingredients, as they all blend so well to create this oil.  Unusual, yet nice.


Mandrake:  This oil has an immediate effect on my senses, invoking a love of nature, trees and dirt within me.  Visions of running barefoot through damp woods, my feet filthy from the forest's floor, my legs caked in moss.  Decaying trees, wild shrooms, rain, moss and wet muddy skin ... with a hint of real mandrake. 

A plant of true arcane power, mandrake has been used in a multitude of ways, especially by magical people for centuries.  Also called Djinn’s Eggs and the Weed of Ill Omen, Mandrake has a distinctive shape in the form of a human.  Medicinally, the root was chewed as a simple anasthesia, and it has been widely employed as a sleep drug.  This magickal plant  is believed to grow where the semen of a hanged man has fallen onto the earth, and that when it is plucked from the earth, the plant itself shrieks in agony.

I especially like this perfume oil on warm Summer nights.  It will resonate with nature lovers and those who like piercing, earthy scents.

Queen:  Not as wild, or dark as many of the other scents, this perfume oil would be nice enough to give as a gift to any of the ladies in your life ... even mom.  It has a golden, classiness about it that says, I am a Queen and nothing is too good for me.  Sweet, alluring, powerful and wealthy ... pleasant scent.  Great for all occasions, especially when people should know who's in the seat of power.

Snake Oil:  This is a very popular oil, one of BPAL's top sellers.  My thoughts -  it certainly is a very nice scent, warm, rich, sweet, sexual and inviting.  The magnetic nature of this oil may surprise you ... Snake oil is a blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla, Snake oil is spicy and sweet in all the right places.  Yummyyy ... creates desires you did not know you had.  Don't let the name fool you, this is one snake oil that really is a medicine, it will bring you to life ... arousing all sorts of invitations with your invoked snake-like charm.  You naturally become an object of temptation.

Coiled Serpent:  The initial sniff is quite sharp.  Then I notice the predominant patchouli note, as well as other earthy and green herbs.  Cedar or pine perhaps ... This is a potent and strong yogic oil that is said to stimulate the kundalini, provokes spiritual awakening, and releases the energy seated in your root chakra.  I use this with my yogic practice.  Not only does it make my yoga a little more sensual and pleasurable ... it also creates a meditative trigger through scent.  I have found that I can induce deep meditation when using this oil because I use it during my moving meditation, yoga sessions.  It smells really good too, so I do and so does my yoga mat. 



3 comments:

  1. I feel like I am under some kind of spell when I use these. My favorite BPAl oil is snake oil. Does anyone have any suggestions for a wedding? looking for something that would work for man and woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these guys too.

    ReplyDelete