Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Banana Split Card Game

The Banana Split Card Game by U.S. Games Systems Inc, is a fun game for the entire family. Winner of both the Creative Child Preferred Choice award and the iParenting Media award, Banana Split is a great way to sweeten up the day. 

My husband and I played this game last weekend.  I had the game set all up before he had a chance to decline an invitation.  I read the rules out loud before we began the game.  It is really simple to play, yet still requires a bit of strategic thinking, keeping it interesting.  The game is designed for children ages 6 and up.  My husband and I played each other, and what we thought would be a silly game, turned into a fun-filled evening of a delicious sweet-treat of sprinkles, whip cream and ice cream sundaes.  My husband and I really get into the games we play, desiring the bragging rights that come with winning.  I was surprised how fun this game is.  The player with the most points wins the game.  Players collect topping cards and then match them to the toppings pictured on the ice cream cards, earning points.  A banana split is like a trump card in the points department, each worth twenty points.  There are only two chances to create a banana split in each game.  The colorful cards and game pieces create a feel-good environment, lightening up any mood.  My husband really did well for not wanting to play in the first place.  He was making all sorts of ice cream creations, earning points nearly every turn.  His smiles were nearly as big as they are when he is really eating an ice cream sundae.  The nature of the game makes it a great way for children to learn counting, sequencing, numbers and cool ice cream recipes.  Luck was on my side as I found myself in a position to create not just one banana split, but two and I won the entire game ... although my husband did great through-out.  This game is so fun.  I cannot wait to play again, this time with the little ones.  

I cannot recommend this family game enough.  For more information, please visit U.S.Games.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!
    If anyone else plays this please let me know.
    Thanks!

    -Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    Here is my web page :: kanapy z funkcja spania

    ReplyDelete