Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Camping Survival Gear Reviews

If you are looking for some great gear for camping, backpacking or survival preparedness I have some good ones to share from Camping Survival.  I love shopping at Camping Survival because they have excellent customer service, a great selection, low prices and really fast shipping.

It is usually a good idea to test out gear before hand, so you are sure to be familiar with with the ins and outs before adventuring. We did just that before taking all this gear up to the mountains, for an incredible backpacking adventure.  Cooking up all  the family meals in the back yard with flint, a light weight wood stove and a stainless steel pot set is funner than you may imagine.  Here are my thoughts on the items we used and our overall experience of this must-have gear.  My family and I recommend them all. 

Coghlans Flint Striker & Speedy Sharp

If you love to see sparks fly, this duo will serve your need for fire quickly and with little effort.  The Coghlans Flint Striker magnesium fire starting tool is really affordable, less than $3.50 at Camping Survival.  It lasts for thousands of strikes, approximately 4,000 according to the packaging and is really easy to use.  The Flint Striker works by generating a stream of sparks that will easily light any combustible material.  You do not have to be a fire starting master to build a fire, especially when used with the Speedy Sharp knife sharpener.  The price is right at under $15 for the Speedy Sharp and you will have it for years.  I love gear with multiple uses and having the Speedy Sharp ensures that anything with a blade will stay sharp, including your lawn mower blade, scissors and fishhooks, while making it really easy to create a fire with the Coghlans Flint Striker.  I made a fire in a few minutes, by myself with these two.  My husband was impressed and that made me really smile ... for hours.  Heck, I am still smiling about it!  My husband loves both these items too.  They are a great price and highly prized on our adventures.

Vargo Titanium Hexagon Backpacking Wood Stove

This little gem of a stove may look light and small but it can do big things.  First of all it is about 4 ounces, so light you barely even notice you are carrying it and it is designed to fold to a slim compact size, requiring little space in your pack.  The Hexagon backpacking wood stove has individual titanium panels that are completely hinged and snap easily into place for quick set-up. It is really durable and easy to use.  I can build a fire quickly, almost effortlessly and the heat is funneled up to the top because of the conical shape where a pot easily sits. It comes in a nice nylon carrying case that keeps it clean and sharp looking.  This is an awesome stove, especially for backpacking because it is so light and compact.  Camping Survival carries it for a great price, under $60.

Rothco Stainless Steel 5-Piece Mess Kit

If you are looking for a nice set of pots that are safe, light weight and do  not change the flavor of food, while remaining affordable this 5-set is a perfect fit.  They are really easy to clean too and stay new looking for a long time.  Made from high quality stainless steel, the set consists of a pot, a pot cover, a skillet and a plastic cup.  Under $15 at Camping Survival. They are also fun to use while out in the deep woods and want to make a home-made percussion, drum set.  






16 comments:

  1. Awesome REviews. Just purchased the titanium stove and pots for camping next month. I had a bigger one last time and it was such a hastle. my friends were so upset with me because i did not know any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this flint starter too Angel. Great work building the fire ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to New Orleans last year and saw a street performer playing the drums with some pots and pans. it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie. I saw that too. It inspired me to do the same, yet without success. cool though. I purchased a voodoo spell from a woman named Martha. Her voice was strange and masculine.

      Delete
  4. Stevo - Tell me what you think of the stove when you get it. I am thinking about getting one too.

    - Randy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stuff!
    Your blog is awesome!
    Always lookin to see whats up next!

    -Al

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone should have these for emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow cool, anyone know a good place to camp on the West Coast?

    ReplyDelete
  8. West Coast, try Passport America. They have a lot of campgrounds listed and you can camp 50% off. Check there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I can light a fire with a lighter I consider myself successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dude, West Coast Camping - Try Monterey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the best place on the web to purchase gear. they have sales and the guy that owns it. think his name is tom, he is really nice smart and nice. he has a lot of great videos on you tube too. I mostly like the prices though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just purchased those pots. So happy too because they are not filled with yucky toxic chemicals. Great Post Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cooking one-pot meals is the way to go when it comes to cold weather camping, so be sure to pack a cast iron dutch oven before you head out for your camping adventure.
    As one might have guessed, Si's little nap turns into an overnight stay at Phil and Kay's.
    Even though most liquid fuel stoves are more
    powerful and provide great heat output than canister
    stoves, they are not as convenient.

    Feel free to visit my website Comments on: Camping Tips Everone Should Be Aware Of

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.


    my weblog blog beast reviews

    ReplyDelete