Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yoga

Release your inner self, your original self ... the joyful magic of an unguarded spirit ... with yoga ...

Namaste
... my hands are in prayer position as I bow to you ... meaning the divine spark within me recognizes the divine spark within you.  This is a gesture of deep respect.   Namaste has a spiritual significance of negating or reducing one's ego in the presence of another ... something that alone could make the world a more peaceful and better place to live. 

Originally from India and dating back nearly 6,000 years, yoga has stood the test of time and has been used by many all over the world.  Yoga has been known to have a big effect on someone's life, bringing the mind and body into harmony and healing on all levels.  The popularity of this spiritual, physical and mental discipline is spreading and yoga is blossoming all around the world.  Defined as a moving meditation, yoga literally translates from Sanskrit meaning "to yoke" or  "of union".  The yogi will eventually realize their true nature and the oneness of all.

The health claims of yoga seam to have no end.  Name a problem and it is likely that yoga could help bring the body and mind into a healthy state, safe to call a "cure-all".  I began practicing years ago - detoxifying my body and mind, messaging my inner organs and breathing in a way that gave me greater control over the body that serves my spirit.  Happiness flooded my home and life took on a deeper calm, as I felt more at peace with myself and my world ... leading to better problem solving skills and decision making and overall vitality. 

Yoga is known to increase emotional well-being, increase flexibility, improve the posture, significantly reduce stress and stress responses, increase concentration levels, relieve lower back pain and numerous other various biochemical and physiological benefits.  It also helps to consciously connect to divinity and form a relationship with God.  The yogic lifestyle is bliss ...

Sat Nam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment