Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Review: Sky Castle

Sky CastleSky Castle
Written by Sandra Hanken
Illustrated by Jody Bergsma

Easily a child's favorite book, it certainly is one of mine, Sky Castle is a beautiful and colorful illustrated story book.  A castle so big and so wide, an entire ocean and forest are within it, along with animals and smiles and love beyond measure.  

Winner of the Benjamin Franklin Award, Sky Castle has clearly charmed others as much as it has me. I absolutely love this book.  It has such a good feeling to it, pulling me into an enchanted world.  My favorite part of the story is toward the end when the book exclaims the ingredients to creating your own castle ... 

"Now plan your creation, your dream in the sky.  No castle is built by those who don't try.  Remember, as long as you think and you feel, Imagination and love will make your dream real".

Now that my friends is wisdom!  This is the first book of author Sandra Hanken and I cannot wait to read her next.  An elementary teacher, family social worker and parenting educator, Sandra Hanken's intention is to encourage children to believe in themselves and their abilities.  Well, she certainly has encouraged me and my inner child, my authentic self is ready to build my castle with the secret ingredients - love and imagination.  Thank you Sandra.  This book is lovely and thank you Jody Bergsma for this amazing art.  It is truly stunning! 

For more information, please visit Illumination Arts.
 

1 comment: