Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Am I a Color Too?

Am I a Color Too? 
Written by Heidi Cole and Nancy Vogl 
Illustrated by Gerald Purnell

Am I a Color Too?Am I a Color Too?, the winner of six national awards and honors, is a story about Tyler, a young biracial boy who inquires about the use of skin color as a label and form of identity.

Am I a Color Too? is a book that gives a peak into the world of Tyler ... looking through his eyes.  Tyler does not know why people focus more on what is on the outside, rather than what is on the inside.  After all we are all human!


Bright and gorgeous illustrations by Gerald Purnell, bring the story and the message to life.  I think that this book will really speak to children, in a way that only a story book can.  This is a wonderful book that emphasizes how we are all alike inside-sharing dreams, song, and smiles-and that people are unique individuals, not a color.

Highly recommended, especially for teachers, daycare establishments and of course, for children of mixed races. 

For more information, please visit Illumination Arts


1 comment:

  1. More children should read books like this.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete