Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Medicine Woman Tarot Deck

"The Medicine Woman Tarot honors Mother Earth and respects all beings, embodied and in spirit. It guides through the seasons and the powers, which they provide to all who live in earth’s embrace. Seventy-eight positive images depict the feminine strength in both men and women." ~ Introduction to The Medicine Woman Tarot Deck by Carol Bridges

A 78-card deck, the  Medicine Woman Tarot Deck is one the best decks I have found in a long time.  The colors are warm, pleasant and inviting and the the pictures tell the story of the cards meaning.  I really like these cards ... ALOT.  This deck really speaks to me, and connects me to an authenticity that I love so much.  The 22 Major Arcana, referred to as the Great Mystery, depict a path of life, starting from the Seed/Fool card and completing with the Dancer/World card. In the Minor Arcana the four suits are Stones (coins), Pipes (wands), Arrows (swords), and Bowls (cups). The four cards that correspond to the traditional court cards are: apprentice (page), totem (knight), lodge (queen), and exemplar (king). 

They are basically your traditional tarot, with a Native American spin and wise woman, earthy lessons and guidance.  The cards remind me of having a great teacher, the wisdom of an elder ... of a grandmother, of a wise woman, a shaman ... who lives with me in my heart and helps me live the best life possible.


A shaman by heart, this deck really resonated.  For more information, please visit US Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment