Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Clear Mind, Wild Heart: Finding Courage and Clarity through Poetry David Whyte

Clear Mind, Wild Heart: Finding Courage and Clarity through Poetry, David Whyte

I read somewhere awhile ago that poetry can light a fire in a person's life.  Ever since then I have wanted to explore the realms of great poets, increasing my own writing abilities and keeping my life warm.  It never hurts to know where the fireplace is, you know?

The trouble with my desire to become more poetic in my life, left me eager yet perplexed as to where to go to learn more about it.  The market is full of poetry books and I did not have a clue as to where I should begin.  I was ecstatic when I found this course from Sounds True, as they are quite trustworthy when bringing great talent into the light. 

David Whyte, an English poet, is purely brilliant in this 6 CD set.  Clear Mind, Wild Heart is like taking a college course in your living room.  Whyte takes you on a six hour ride through many verses of inspired voices such as Rainer Maria Rilke, William Blake, Antonio Machado, Emily Dickinson, W.B. Yeats, Marina Tsvetayeva and many others, including his own work.  He opens the listeners eyes when looking at the world, pulling you into a world of your own, yet guided by a path paved by many.  

The language of poetry is unlike any other, giving life a richer array of color or lack there of.  I find that when I study the poetry of others or am writing my own, it is as though time stops and the present moment is all there is.  It is magical in that way.  Poetry allows expression of the unique lens that each of us has, our own view.  Painting pictures with words, the reader must meditate and concentrate on the meaning and that is when the magic dust falls from the heavens and life becomes more vivid and true and real!!!  
 

This set is truly amazing, a treasure chest of jewels. For more information, please visit Sounds True.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment